Unless you're talking about putting in a new kitchen, redesigning the layout of your living room or building a new ensuite in your bedroom, there are many ways to give your home a new lease of life without breaking the bank and having builders in.
Here are a few suggestions and tips on how to spruce up for spring, from easiest to most difficult:
1. Change your cushion covers, add a new throw or an area rug. This is a quick'n'easy way to introduce some seasonal colour and interesting texture into your home decor.
2. Bring the outdoors in, and rejuvenate your interior with new plants and flowers, for a fresh new look and a boost of air-cleaning oxygen.
3. Rearange your art and decorative objects. Rebalancing your photos, artprints and family pictures will instantly lift the atmosphere in the room and make your see your mementos in a new light.
4. Changing the layout of your furniture will practically deliver a new room without buying new furniture. Try moving your sofa away from your walls and bring your dining table into the centre of the room for a new perspective on space and ... life.
5. Upcycle a piece of old furniture. This is a great weekend or family project, and you will be amazed with the results.
If you have the time, and the inclination, repaint your walls. This is a slightly larger and potentially messy project, but one you can certaily DIY. Giving your home a fresh lick of paint, to cover scratches and marks, will instantly breathe life into your home. Be bold; add a little drama with darker or unusual colours.
For more interiors inspiration, have a look at our Pinterest here